Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another day, another post.....

What an unhealthy month I have had! I finally go in and get meds for the snotty, coughing cold crud (sinus infection, touch of pneumonia, terrible cough), leave with a neb treatment and 3 prescriptions. A few days after the antibiotics my sinus stuff finally was feeling better but this cough, holy buckets its an evil thing! Its several weeks later and I still cough and it hurts.

Then last weekend I got the tummy bug thats going around. Enter the fever, aches (miserable things!) and the north and south tummy issues! So I spent Saturday, Sunday and had to close Monday for that. Lost 7 pounds since I literally ate NO food for 3 whole days. By Sunday night I finally ate some soup and a few crackers. Its now Thursday and I still can not eat "normal". But I am feeling better, so thats good! At my PT the other day, she said shes certain I have bruising on my ribs (up high behind my breast), which explains the pain I am still in with the coughing I am still doing. Ugh. But it IS improving.

My FIL is having knee replacement surgery today. I plan to make him a sweet treat to ahve when he gets home Sunday. He loves his sweet breads and desserts! I found a cinnamon swirl banana bread recipe I thought I could try, then maybe some bars or a cake? Pinterest is great for these ideas!

I have alot of dinner ideas from there too, altho not all the healthiest. But I think I have decided something in that regard. I still want to be able to eat a fairly normal meal with my family each night. Soon enough Shelby is probably going to be gone to college in another state and I will miss the few nights a week we eat together. I am not going to spend it eating a completely seperate meal I am stressing over and having a hard time finding the time to make in addition to a meal for the two of them. There will be lots of good veggies, and salads with low cal dressing and home made vinagrettes (my fave anyways). Right now my goals just can not be as big as I want because my body can not manage them with this dumb injury. My PT says I am doing fantastic. I am in pain all the time, but refuse the drug therapy they wanted and am just living with the pain I guess. I do all my excercises, and need to do more, I know. Being sick has made it all hard.

But I am on the mend, I can breathe without totally hacking away and I feel stronger. Time to slowly get the weight I want off. But really, now, I want to feel good and stay healthy. The rest will come with it becasue I want it and I will be working on it.

No comments: