I deleted a few years worth of blog posts in an attempt to really start fresh. I sort of suck at this blogging and starting fresh thing, but REALLY want to make it work. I don't give a hoot if anyone actually reads it, but for me, I need the words, the writing of randomness as part of my own process.
So if you do read this, here we go yet again.
Last week I started Physical Therapy for my neck injury. I was given the OK and the encouragement to attemp very light cardio at the health club. The main purpose is to get my left arm "swinging" as you normally do when you walk at any pace. With this injury, I am in a non-stop "guarded" stance, holding my left arm against my body. It hurt for so long, so very badly, to do otherwise. It still does, but I have come a long way in the 4 months since I was initially hurt. I want to avoid surgery!
Now I need to "open up" my stance, stretch the arm, shoulder and back that is affected. This means pain. Ugh. I also want to drop the 15 pounds I have gained in 4 months of almost complete inactivity. No carrying laundry baskets or grocery bags. No vacuuming or cleaning. Almost NONE of the normal activities a person does until just a few short weeks ago (after injection #3). It was all I could do to work my job, then collapse. My diet went out of control (I own up to that...MY fault), and I lost all the ground I had gained from working out.
I was just so angry and upset. I had committed to being up at 4:40am, at the club at 5am, 5 days a week. I was IN it! I was counting calories and making changes for weeks before we started at the club. Even Shelby had lost almost 15 pounds just watching what she ate! We were almost 2 months into the club deal. I was finally off my plateau and starting to drop pounds, not just sizing (ever so slowly tho), and I get hurt. AT THE DAMN CLUB! Doing it all the right way, with my hubby as my guide. The man who has worked out regularly for 25 years .My left hand now has 1/3 the strength of my right (they did a test). It was not fair!
So I was at the club at 5:15 am today and did 25 minutes at a walking pace (3.0) on the treadmill. My scar foot tolerated it well. I tried really hard to let my arm swing. That was difficult, and painful. I have, so far, eaten healthy today (oatmeal and clementine for breakfast, no snacking).
I have high hopes...yet again.
1 comment:
I check in on you once in awhile. Thank God for facebook or I really would have been worried about you!! I haven't been able to keep up on mine as well as before baby but I am trying. I cheated this week and did 3 posts at once and set them to post on different days! Whatever I can do to keep my 6 readers happy!
Post a Comment